Mobdro is a live media streaming app and it is available for free on Android devices. Because of its immense popularity, the app has caught the attention of many users and they want to install it on other platforms too. So we have brought this post for our readers to show How to Install Mobdro on Roku.
Roku is a media streaming device or more like a set-top box. You can watch channels and the content from the internet. It receives data from the Internet via a Wi-Fi connection and then streams it on a TV. Now, Mobdro would be a great way to watch live streams.
So, we are going to discuss the method you have to use in order to use the Mobdro App on a Roku device.
Install Mobdro on Roku
If you have previously used the Mobdro app, then you know that it is only available for the Android platform. You can’t use it on any other platforms no matter how hard you try. As you may have guessed by now, you can’t install the app on the Roku. But, there is a way to actually use Mobdro on Roku and it’s pretty easy if you ask me.
We are going to use the casting and screen mirroring features on Android and Roku respectively. Below are the steps that you must follow to use Mobdro on Roku.
- First of all, make sure that both the devices are connected to the same network. This is the prime necessity to make this method work.
- Now, start up your Roku device and connect it to your TV and then the Wi-Fi.
- Click on the Settings Menu and then go to System.
- On the right side in the settings menu, you will see the Screen Mirroring option.
- Click on it then turn on the “Enable Screen Mirroring” option.
- After that, the rest of the process has to be carried out on the Android device.
- Take your Android device and then download and install the Mobdro APK from here.
- Download the APK file and then tap on it to install it.
- Now, open the Settings Menu and then go to the Display section.
- In there, you will find the Cast option.
- Tap on it and turn it on. Now, connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as the Roku.
- After that, Android will search for the Roku device and show it on your screen.
- Tap on the device when it shows up on your phone screen.
- Both the devices will connect and your phone’s screen will be mirrored to the Roku device and onto the TV screen.
Now, whatever you do on your Android device will happen on your TV screen. So the only thing you have to do now is to the open the Mobdro App and then you will be able to stream anything you want on your TV screen.
So, this was the procedure to use Mobdro on Roku. What we did wasn’t actually installing the app on Roku but rather use it with the help of the screen mirroring feature. Now that you know the process, you can easily use Mobdro on Roku. If you need any help, be sure to ask us at MobdroAppGuide.